Program and Administrative Coordinator for the Institute for Conservation Leadership
Location: Takoma Park, MD (Working remotely 1-2 days per week)
The Institute for Conservation Leadership (ICL) is looking for a full-time Program and Administrative Coordinator to support program managers and the executive management by providing infrastructure and support that helps us collectively achieve our mission. The Program and Administrative Coordinator is critical to ICL and is involved in managing activities and systems that integrate program and administrative functions.
You will have outstanding organizational and project management skills, exceptional attention to detail, and be oriented toward collaborative team work and responsive customer service. Additionally, you are committed to the environment, are flexible, diligent, and adaptable, and are able to travel occasionally for work-related programs. You also want to make a difference by supporting healthy communities and a healthy earth.
This Coordinator position doesn’t quite have a typical day, but a week might include:
- Wrangling event details and coordinating event logistics, from negotiating with venues and making a site recommendation, to selecting meals, to making room assignments and running event registration, to sharing notes and materials with attendees
- Setting up and orienting a new group to Basecamp
- Creating a program workplan and timeline, and checking in with the program leads to coordinate necessary logistics information
- Making content updates to the website
- Drafting and sending a registration reminder through MailChimp
- Adding new contacts, running reports, and managing a campaign in Salesforce
- Creating a Board meeting packet and setting up a videconference call
- Restocking office supplies and sorting the mail
- Adding a donation to Salesforce and sending out a tax deduction letter
- Scheduling a meeting on behalf of the President with a client
You’re good at and enjoy:
- Rapid task switching.
- Asking questions to get clarity about outcomes and priorities.
- Problem-solving and finding efficiencies.
- Taking a leadership role to make systems run better and work super well.
- Paying attention to the details and chasing them down when needed.
- Switching your focus to a priority issue when it pops up unexpectedly.
- Communicating, whether in person or on the phone or in an email.
- Have 2-3 years of professional work experience.
- Have Salesforce experience. Nice to have: familiarity with Zoom, Basecamp, Survey Monkey, and Eventbrite.
- Have experience with conference/meeting planning (registration and logistics)
- Bring both patience and a sense of humor to work each day.
- Volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked.
- Value schedules and timeline, and are able to adapt to shifting needs
- Are a proactive self-starter who wants to take ownership of your role.
- Are invested in environmental health. Nice to have: a background in conservation or other environmental work.
While this description is a fair representation of the Program and Administrative Coordinator position, it is not a complete list of all responsibilities. This role does present a unique opportunity to straddle the programmatic and administrative functions at an established and growing nonprofit organization, with an emphasis on supporting the logistics of our programs and services.
This is a full-time position in ICL’s office in Takoma Park, MD, reporting to the President and the Senior Associate. Our office is a seven-minute walk from the Takoma Metro station and is also accessible by bus.
This is a professional level position with a $50,000 salary. ICL offers a benefits package that includes health insurance for employees, paid time off, professional development opportunities, and a 403b plan with an employer match.
How to apply
To apply, please send a tailored cover letter and resume to megan (at) icl (dot) org.
We do not accept solicitations from job placement services. No phone calls, please. ICL is an EEO/AA employer. Nothing in this job description or posting guarantees employment.
Applications are welcome at any time, but we encourage you to submit your application by February 18th for consideration.
The preferred start date for this position is April 1st.