WHAT IS IT?
Your organization can hold an in-depth workshop with a team of staff from only your organization (8 hours over more than one session). ICL and Lacy Consulting will work with you to schedule the in-depth workshop sessions, typically over 2-3 dates. Organizational teams will leave with actions they can take immediately to begin effectively building trust with diverse communities and approaches they can add to the organization’s strategic plan. Ideal for groups of at least 8-12 people from across the organization. Can include board members.
After the workshops: Your organization can receive $10,000 after the workshop to implement next steps by creating a goal and budget that is reviewed and approved. Because a goal of this funding is to support implementation, reflection, and learning, within six months of receiving funding, organizations will coordinate with ICL to develop an approach to reporting that involves a “lessons learned” presentation. (Audience and venue TBD with ICL. For example, could be a Winter Gathering presentation, a webinar for colleagues in your cluster or who do similar work.).
Cost: $500 commitment fee/organization.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE?
- A team of 8-12 or more, which can include staff and board from your organization, partners and people from communities you want to work with. Your team can be larger if you have more participants.
- Ideal teams include staff from across the organization who are involved in your work in different ways, including decision makers.
- Participants should join all sessions (i.e., consistent participation across sessions)
- If your organization is interested in participating and is smaller (i.e., doesn’t have 8-12 people who can participate), please contact Sarah Clark (email@example.com) to explore options, which could include members of other organizations that you work closely with.
WHAT WILL MY ORGANIZATION GET OUT OF THIS?
- In addition to actions that you can take immediately to begin effectively building trust with diverse communities and approaches you can add to your strategic plan, you will have a framework and common vocabulary utilized across the organization.
- Follow up support from ICL includes availability for check ins and access to additional support if needed in implementation
- With a goal and budget, $10,000 funding to implement some of your next steps. The workshop is designed so that you leave with strategies and plans, which you can use to create your follow up plan.
- An opportunity to share what you’re learning with colleagues. As organizations implement work to advance diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice the opportunity to share experiences and learning can support both your organization’s work and your colleagues in the field.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Grantees of the William Penn Foundation’s Delaware River Watershed Initiative (targeted sub-watershed program)
Please contact Sarah Clark at ICL with any questions or ideas and to discuss how this opportunity could work for your organization.
- September 13, 2022: Applications Open, promotional webinar
- October 14, 2022: Application deadline
- October 25, 2022: Applicants will be notified of their status
- November 8, 2022: Registration deadline ($500 commitment fee)
- Workshop scheduling begins as soon as your organization registers.
- November – February, 2023: In-depth workshops occur on scheduled dates
- Four weeks after workshops completion: present goal and budget to receive $10,000 implementation funding
- Within 6 months of completing workshops: debrief with ICL and sharing of a “lessons learned” presentation
HOW DO I APPLY?
Please fill out this Google form by October 14. Applicants will be notified of their status by October 25.