Facilitating Engaging Meetings
Virtual Workshop Series
Do you want to lead more productive meetings? Are you struggling with getting folks to participate in meetings? Do you wonder how to prevent or manage difficult group dynamics in meetings?
Join our 3-part virtual program to increase your understanding of meeting facilitation and your confidence as a facilitator. We’ll learn and practice skills though guided interactive virtual sessions. This workshop series is designed to emphasize peer learning and to build connections with your peers who also care about the environment and community health. You will walk away from this program with a new set of facilitation tools and a plan to apply what you learn in your own context!
By the end of the program participants will gain knowledge and skills about:
- Your facilitation role and stance
- Planning an engaging meeting
- An understanding of group dynamics
- Core facilitator skills, including listening, summarizing, and redirecting
- Specific activities and tools that support engagement
- A personal plan for your future facilitation efforts
When will it be held?
- Session 1 – Thursday, Nov. 30, 1:30 – 3:00 pm (Eastern Time)
- Focus: Your personal tendencies, strengths, and stance as a facilitator, planning for engaging meetings, creating clear outcomes and expectations
- Session 2 – Tuesday, Dec. 5, 1:30 – 3:00 pm (Eastern Time)
- Focus: Tips for creating engagement and productivity, specific tools for leading meetings (virtual and in-person meetings), applying the facilitation skills of listening and summarizing
- Session 3 – Tuesday, Dec. 12, 1:30 – 3:00 pm (Eastern Time)
- Focus: Group dynamics and facilitation strategies, self-awareness and self-management, practice facilitation skills of summarizing and redirecting, create a personal plan as a facilitator
Sign me up! How do I register?
This program is now full
Click on one of the links below to get on the waitlist.
Register by signing up at the link below and submitting your payment for the full program.
Tuition Cost: $285
Your tuition covers:
- A pre-session orientation video
- Three 90-minute workshop webinars
- Assignments between workshops
- A package of materials (ICL handouts and worksheets, as well as all content co-created by the group)
- Recordings of the workshops, available for 60 days following the end of the program
- This program is now FULL for 2023. We plan to run this program again in 2024, so please sign up for the waitlist, and/or join our email list to be notified first when registration opens.
- This workshop series will be co-led by ICL Senior Associate, Pri Ekanayake, and ICL President, Dianne Russell.
- Please direct any questions about this workshop series to [email protected].
- A Zoom link will be shared with you after registration and before the workshop series begins.
- There is a no refund policy for this program. Registration transfers will be excepted on a case by case basis. Reach out to [email protected] with any questions on this policy.